More than 8000 exhibits are stored at the Literary museum of A. Pushkin – the taken over values of Grigory and Varvara’s family heritage (furniture of the early 19th century – first half of the 20th century, housekeeping goods, manuscripts, photographs and photo-negatives, books and other publications), and the exhibits acquired by the museum in 1940 – 2005 years, among which are values from the writer P. Antokolsky’s stock – library books, manuscripts, memorial things and works of art (over 2000 units).
The museum‘s values are divided into the main stock (authentic or rare exhibits of the museum profile) and the subsidiary stock (exhibits, necessary for the museum‘s activities and reflecting their aims).
In 2002, 349 exhibits of the subsidiary stock (materials of a former exposition dedicated to J.Kolas and J.Kupala) were handed over to the association of Byelorussian public organisations of Lithuania, for establishing a museum.
Enriching of the museum‘s stock of collections is carried out in several thematic directions: the poet Alexander Pushkin‘s personality, his creative and public work, his circle and environment, “A.Pushkin and Lithuania” – immortalization and cherishing the poet‘s memory, Grigory and Varvara Pushkins‘ personalities, their public work and environment, style of life, customs and traditions of Vilnius landowners of the middle of the 19th century – first half of the 20th century, studying of social role of the Markuchiai locality and its environs.
There is also a part of Grigory and Varvara Pushkins‘ family archives (family letters, documents of the Markuchiai estate, and their copies) stored at the museum. Another part of that archives was removed in 1946 for storing to the literary institute “Pushkinskyi dom” (Pushkin’s house) in Russia.